Haul & Review: Peach Edition

This is the Peach Edition of Korean brand skincare! (Does anyone want to see makeup reviews or are there enough out there? Let me know!)

 

The first item I will review is the SkinFood Peach Sake Emulsion

Description: Skin Food Peach Sake Emulsion tightens pores and keeps skin looking matte and fresh. Enriched with Vitamin C emulsion that contains peach extract and sake to control oily skin, peach extract soothes and calms skin irritations, while sake regulates sebum production to keep skin matte and fresh looking without need of constant touch-ups. Suitable for oily and acne skin / combination skin.


I have combination skin and I must say it works very well. My skin felt softer and smoother after using this over a period of at least 5 months. It smells great, like peach with a hint of sake. I would describe the smell as mature. The emulsion doesn't make my face greasy and gives the right amount of moisture in the hot, humid summer and cold, dry winter. The bottle isn't even 1/4 used yet, so a little goes a long way. The skin can only absorb so much and overapplying product is wasteful because the excess would just sit on top of the skin only to be washed off later. The texture of this emulsion is thin and liquidy, so it flows out of the bottle easily. The bottle is made out of glass so it needs to be turned upside-down for product to come out. Emulsion is moisturizer + serum, so I guess this is a 2-in-1 product. The trend nowadays are 2-in-1, 3-in-1, and even 4-in-1 products where you buy one item and it does multiple things so you can eliminate steps in your skincare routine. 


The second item is the TONYMOLY Peach Hand Cream (buy here).

Description: A nourishing and moisturizing hand cream enriched with peach and apricot extracts for instantly softer, smoother hands. Massage into skin for major results.


After applying, this stays on my hands for a pretty long time which is a good thing. It does the job of moisturizing my hands. I read that it also brightens and firms the skin but I haven't used it enough to see noticeable results. The smell is very sweet and to me sometimes sickening because it's overwhelmingly fragrant. The peach scent is artificial and if it was made into a perfume or body spray, it's something teenyboppers would wear. Many people like the smell, so it's really individual preference.


Disclaimer: The products were not sponsored and these are my honest reviews.

  (๑◕ฺ‿◕ฺ๑) Shelley

Do not take without proper credit!
Image Credits: me, oo35mm for description 

Also See: 
Korean Cosmetics & Beauty Products at Urban Outfitters
Copyright © 2013 K-world Style (K-pop & K-Drama Fashion)